What Information Do You Need to Get a Quote for Boat Insurance?
Whether requesting a quote online or by phone, you will typically need the following information.
- Type of vessel e.g. motorcruiser, speedboat, yacht
- Age of the vessel. You may be asked for an additional survey for boats over 25 years of age to ensure that it is in good condition and well maintained
- Length of the boat
- Engine details including make and horse power
- Value of the boat. This is typically around the price you paid for it plus any additions you have made to it. It is usually possible to get a valuation at a local boat yard or marina if you are unsure.
- Type of use e.g. private and pleasure, residential use, racing use, charter or hire use, commercial use (used as an additional income source), mooring and storage.